Location: London, ON
VersaBank is an inclusive, entrepreneurial, Schedule 1 Chartered Bank with over $3.4 billion in assets and growing. As Canada’s most innovative Bank, VersaBank operates as a branchless financial institution that obtains its deposits and provides the majority of its loans and leases electronically, with innovative deposit and lending solutions for financial intermediaries that allow them to excel in their core businesses. For more information on VersaBank, please visit our website at www.versabank.com.
We are currently recruiting for a Full-Time Portfolio Analyst – Structured Finance position. This position will be a hybrid position – working at both our VersaBank Innovation Center of Excellence in London as well as from home.
Reporting to the Vice President, Structured Finance, VersaBank is looking for an experienced Portfolio Analyst to provide analytical support to our Point of Sale program. As a key member of a lending team, you will prepare and analyze credit memos and for new and existing lending relationships, working with senior portfolio managers. There will also be opportunities to work on and assist in the development of new business lines.
Credit Underwriting and Financial Analysis: 50%
Data Manipulation and Portfolio Reporting: 40%
Other Duties as Assigned: 10%
Credit Risk and Financial Analysis
• Assist with research and analysis of financial and portfolio information related to the client.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the industry to assess present and potential impact to the bank’s credit risk.
• Assist with risk assessment by performing financial statement analysis, covenant analysis, industry analysis and economic trending.
• Assist with due diligence and credit analysis on new relationships.
• Adhere to all Structured Finance policies and procedures.
• Participate in client calls and client visits.
Data Manipulation and Portfolio Reporting
• Assist with data manipulation from the Bank’s data warehouse to provide insights into risk and opportunities.
• Assist with building and sensitizing portfolio reports.
• Build and provide analytical data reports and findings to senior management.
• An undergraduate degree in Business/Finance/Accounting.
• A graduate degree/CFA designation or comparable credit analysis training and experience is preferred.
• Three years or more of relevant experience.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel and modelling.
• Proficient with Power BI
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Ability to successfully work with systems and processes.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
We offer excellent career advancement opportunities, an informal, positive work environment and a very competitive compensation package that includes base salary, an outstanding benefits package, tuition refund program, pension supplement, fitness club membership and participation in an attractive incentive award program.
If working for a ‘non-traditional’ bank with an entrepreneurial flair and its head office in London appeals to you, we encourage you to apply. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to [email protected] by March 27, 2023.
We thank you for taking the time to submit an application. Please be advised that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.