Location: London, ON
VersaBank is an entrepreneurial, rapidly expanding, Schedule 1 Chartered Bank with over $1.8 billion in assets. We provide innovative financing solutions to high quality borrowers including large corporations and public sector organizations. We are a branchless bank that raises deposits through a nationwide network of dedicated financial planners and deposit brokers. Our team of IT professionals is an integral part of our organization.
VersaBank (VB) shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The Developer is responsible for supporting the design and construction of VersaBank’s software. This role will also maintain and provide ongoing development, client support and consultation for VB’s deposit systems. The individual in this role will have strong working knowledge of Linux and experience with programming languages such as Python, C#, .Net Core, SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
What to Expect:
• Open communicative environment
• A place that desires continuous improvement and innovative ideas
• Contribute to new software services
• Team-base collaboration toward completion of goals
• Close cooperation with end users
• Maintain current systems with an eye to the future
• Strong focus on testing automation
• Strong focus on clean code
• Strong focus on secure software development
• Some Linux system administration duties
Technologies we use:
• .Net Core
• Visual Studio
• Issue Tracking
• SQL Server/ PostgreSQL
• Virtual Machine Technology
• Docker Containers
• Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary accreditation in a related Technical, Scientific or Engineering discipline
• 1-2 years of experience in the areas specified above or a related field
• Strong understanding of the Linux operating system
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design
• Understanding of secure software development lifecycle
• Experience developing a message based distributed application
• Experience with automated testing
• Experience with our technologies
• Experience with database structures and database administration would be an asset
• Experience developing software in a Linux environment is an asset
The successful candidate has excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently or as part of a team. They are self-starter who is detail-oriented, highly organized and efficient. You are customer-focused and results driven and are able to work under tight timelines. Project management skills are an asset.
We offer excellent career advancement opportunities, an informal, positive work environment and a very competitive compensation package that includes base salary, an outstanding benefits package, tuition refund program, fitness club membership and participation in an attractive incentive award program.
If working for a ‘non-traditional’, technology savvy bank with an entrepreneurial flair appeals to you, we encourage you to apply in confidence with your resume and cover letter to [email protected] as soon as possible.
We thank you for taking the time to submit an application. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.